Alan Cohen has had record setting times and continues to win multiple awards at events nationwide. Alan has participated in an extensive array of events with NASA, NARRA, and EMRA, as well as participated in the Cadillac Challenge on the West Coast. Alan has substantially beaten best personal times from prior seasons at New Jersey Motorsports Park on Lightning and Thunderbolt, Lime Rock Park, Pocono, and Watkins Glen International. He has placed 1st and 2nd in his racing division, as well as overall at nearly every event he participates in with NASA Northeast. In addition, Alan placed 1st in the TTU Division for NASA Time Trials for the 2012 and 2013 seasons.
During the 2015 race season, Alan competed primarily on the West Coast taking 1st in Rounds 2 and 4 of the Cadillac Challenge, as well as setting new track records for Fastest CTS-V at Buttonwillow, Sonoma Raceway, and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.He brings a fierce sense of competition to the track regardless of the event.
Alan Cohen has won several awards and surpassed goals set out for current and past race seasons. Awards and achievements include:
- Track Record holder at Sonoma Raceway - (1.48.5) (June 6, 2015)
- Cadillac Challenge- Round 5- 2nd place (C3 Class)
- Cadillac Challenge: Round 4- 1st place (C3 Class) (April 2015)
- NASA Championships at Road Atlanta 3rd Place TT2 Class
- (August 2014)
- NASA Mid-Atlantic HyperFest at Summit Point Motorsports Park 1st Place TT2 Class and Overall Fastest Time of the Day (June 2014)
- NASA NE 2013 Class Champion (TTU Division)
- Track Record holder at New Jersey Motorsports Park- Thunderbolt (1:27.9)
- NASA NE 1st place at NJMP- Thunderbolt (TTU Division) (October 2013)
- NASA NE 2nd place at Watkins Glen International (TTU Division) (September 2013)
- EMRA 1st place at Lime Rock Park (August 2013)
- NASA NE 1st place at NJMP- Lightning (TTU Division) (August 2013)
- NASA NE 2nd place at NJMP- Lightning (overall time for event in all classes) (August 2013)
- NASA NE 1st place at Pocono Raceway (TT Division) (July 2013)
- NASA NE 2nd place at Pocono Raceway (overall time for event in all classes) (July 2013)
- NARRA TT2 3rd place at New Jersey Motorsports Park (June 2013)
- NARRA TT2 2nd place at New Jersey Motorsports Park (June 2013)
- Record holder for Fastest Cadillac Time (2:01.79) at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway (March 2013)
- Cadillac Challenge: Round 2- 1st place (C3 Class) (March 2013)
- NASA NE 2012 Class Champion (TTU Division)
Integrating Alan's experiences with building a performance car and passion for racing, he has been able to extend his knowledge by becoming a National Certified Instructor for PCA for NASA Northeast and NARRA events, and look forward to instructing for EMRA and other car clubs.
The CTS-V Racing Story
Alan Cohen has always been an enthusiast of fast cars, but it was not until early 2010 when he purchased his 2009 CTS-V Cadillac that his passion escalated further. Alan found himself at New Jersey Motorsports Park several times a month testing the performance of his car. Over the latter part of 2010, Alan wanted to find ways to get better time around the track and make corners faster- whether it was increasing horsepower or changing the suspension system.
Through extensive internet research and seeking advice from other Cadillac enthusiasts, dealers and mechanics Alan initially opted to install several competition parts; all improving my time and handling of my stock track times exponentially, but as any avid track goer, he wanted more. Alan completed the installation of D3’s bolt-on racing package- increasing the horsepower and lowering the car, enabling improved speed around the track.
In a need for a presence on the East Coast, CTS-V Racing, LLC established itself as a knowledgeable distributor of competition racing parts specifically for the Cadillac CTS-V, as well as an auto shop at our New York facility to install those parts by a GM Cadillac veteran with 30 years of experience. Our mission is to enable Cadillac owners in the Northeast access to a performance shop with the experience and professionalism deserved.
2009 CTS-V Sedan - The Patriot Missile.
Many people think of the Cadillac CTS-V as a luxury car, but at CTS-V Racing, we have taken a stock 2009 CTS-V sedan and transformed it into a powerful performance machine for the race track. Competing in events nationwide, we continuously seek ways to enhance the performance and horsepower to showcase its maximum potential on track.
The unassuming nature of the vehicle provides the perfect cover to defeat the competition. The only tip acknowledging the vehicles performance is the charcoal grey ventilated hood, performance wing, and matching blue calipers. Ready for the enemy, the Patriot Missile can blast past competition with its 750 horsepower to the rear wheels.
- GevPwr™ Performance Engine
- Thompson Motorsports Short Block
- Displacement: 6.0 liters
- Number of Cylinders: V-8
- Aspiration: Supercharged
- Max Horsepower: 750
- Max Torque: 800 lb-ft
- TrickFlow Cylinder Heads
- GevPwr™ Camshaft
- Melling Oil Pump
- ARP Hardware
- CHE Rockers
- American Racing Headers
- GevPwr™ Ported Supercharger
- Lingenfelter 2.55 Pulley
- Lingenfelter 9.0 Pulley
- ATI Harmonic Balancer
- 90 lbs DeatschWerks Injectors
- GevPwr™ Intercooler w/Dual Pumps
- GevPwr™ Ported, polished throttle body
- Church Automotive ECU/TRANS tuning
- NGK TR7IX Plugs
- Taylor Spark Plug Wires
- GevPwr™ adjustable end links
- GevPwr™ sway bars
- Custom chassis bracing
- JRI Racing coil over shocks
- All fluids replaced with NEO Synthetic fluids
- Raybestos race brake pads
- CTS-V Racing custom rotors
- GevPwr™ Custom Intercooler
- EMP Brushless Pump
- CBR Custom Oil Cooler
- Setrab Transcooler
- Setrab Power Steering Cooler
- GevPwr™ Diff Cooler
- Ventilated Motorsport Hood
- APR Performance Wing
- Custom vinyl wrap