Drive to Remember is one of the charities that we support and the Cadillac V-Club is the headline "title" sponsor of this event. The V-Club has supported this event annually since 2017. For 2021, the Cadillac V-Club is again cruising to Longview, Texas to show support of this worthy charity and indoor auto show
to be held at Maude Cobb Convention Center. This road trip will proceed down Interstate 20 into the piney woods of East Texas with a scheduled arrival time of 9:15AM.
All V-Club members are encouraged to attend this event and cruise together to Longview from their local Chapters.
This year Cadillac Headquarters is shipping a 2022 CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwing
for an early preview of these new high performance luxury vehicles.
- Cadillac unveiled its CT5-V Blackwing performance sedan earlier this year, which features a 668-hp supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 and is available with a manual transmission.
- These Blackwing models, the CT5-V and the CT4-V, will be the last gasoline-powered models in Cadillac's V-Series lineup as the brand pivots to electric vehicles.
- Brandon Vivian, GM Executive Chief Engineer stated "the most track-capable V models ever manufactured by Cadillac".
- Cadillac limited pre-orders for the new Blackwing sedans to only 500 units total, including 250 units for the CT5-V Blackwing, and 250 units for the CT4-V Blackwing. Pre-orders for the CT5-V Blackwing sold out in 3 minutes. By comparison, pre-orders for the Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing sold out within 21 hours.
All Cadillac V-Club members who RSVP register via CadillacVClub.com will receive a free entry as a spectator or car show entry. Space is restricted and limited to 12 Cadillac V's, first come/first serve for the indoor car show including the two Blackwings. Your V must be "auto show ready".
All Cadillac V-Club members who RSVP as a spectator will receive free "general admission" to the event and will be allowed to park their V's to display at the entrance to the building but you MUST RSVP to reserve your parking space.
The mission of the Drive to Remember event and charity is to find a cure for Alzheimer's Disease by contributing to intensive research; to assist in promoting enriched treatment programs for those families already affected, and to increase public awareness of the need for an end to Alzheimer's. Click here
to visit their Facebook page and be sure to checkout the D2R website at drive2remember.org
General admission tickets sell for $5 at the door however all V-Club members who have RSVP'd and display their membership ID card will receive free admittance including your spouse and children. You must RSVP register to confirm your participation even if you are not selected to display your vehicle inside the building as a car show entry. To participate in the indoor auto show you must arrive by no later than 9:15AM . NO EXCEPTIONS.
Consider joining the cruise as a spectator attendee to checkout the vehicles at the "indoor air conditioned" car show. It is for a worthy cause, you will enjoy the trip and get to check out some very cool cars!LOGISTICS:
- Depart Location for DFW Chapter Members: 7:15AM sharp Tanger Outlet Mall, Terrell, Texas (arrive at IHOP by 7:00 at the latest) We will meet at the IHOP next to the mall. There is a gas station close to IHOP so make sure your tank is full before we leave Terrell because the next stop will be Longview.
- Arrive Longview: 9:15AM at Maude Cobb CC (If you arrive late after 9:45am, unfortunately you will not be admitted to the building.. All car show vehicles must parked before 9:30AM).
- Lunch: 12:00 Noon - a meal ticket will be provided to all V-Club members who RSVP to attend this event.
- Depart Longview at 3:30PM